$$Untouchables$$

Saturday, August 12, 2006

My life be like

Today I heard there is a book out about how kids from my grade and their lives as overachievers. I read some excerpts from the book online and it was very interesting. I was always viewed as one of the most underachievers back in high school. They viewed going to a very good college as the most important goal in life. They belittle people doesn't share their goals. I was always in the middle of high school class until my senior year. I had a very tough senior year. I broke my leg earlier in the year and I had a lot of problem filled family situation. My family had to declare politcal asylum and had to live far away from where we were living during my high school years . I was either going to school from 50 miles away or from friends' houses. My grades suffered greatly but most of all, I was not able to apply to a 4 year college. My status in the country was not certained. People start looking down on me and I was not very happy. Even worse is there was a video of a night where i was very drunk and broke my leg. People start looking down on me more. It was absolutely unbelievable. Sure, i am not an overachiever but most of the stuff are out of my hand. I used to be a nice normal kid who likes sports, play poker and do decent in school to a degenerate gambler who is a drunken fool and failing out of school. Like are u fucking kidding me? This was most apparent when I was at the beach for my last week of my senior year. Since i loaned my friends money, I didnt have that much money with me and I had to stay with a bunch of friends and a bunch of people who looked down on me. I really hated it. It was one night I was irresponsible and broke my leg and I have learned my lesson. It is really annoying when people I never talked to before come up to me and say "O u are the funny kid from that video" "You were hilarious". I don't know how is that funny at all. I broke my leg and was abused. People begin to view me as a drunken idiot and would not let me drink around them because they dont want to be responsible. It was so apparent when people let 5 of my friends come to their house but not me. It makes me so angry. I also cannot win a knowledgable arguments against anyone. Since i am on the internet a lot, I read things that most of the people would not read. Whenever I argue with a person about one of the subjects i read a lot such as pyschology, people would just completely ignore my facts and say " You go to a community college", "You dont go to college". Its absolutely unreal how big of a deal people make it out to be. People just make amazing assumptions. My family has gone through such changes in the past 8 years that people would not be able to understand. My mom and her brothers and sisters had a beer company back in burma worth about 85 million US dollars. Now that's gone. We came to US as diplomats and thats gone also. We are living in the US as political refugees. I try to cover up and not feel sadden about these situation. It's actually pretty funny. The word after a year of college is even funnier "Isnt he dead broke and in debt?" "Isnt he ruining his life by playing poker?". Like fuck off. Also when people also talk to me about what's i have been up to last year, I dont try to be cocky or anything saying I am making a good amount of money playing poker. It is just not in my blood to say those . I just say I am taking some classes at the CC . Some people even come up to me and asked me if i have any drugs to sell. ARGGGGG! I don't really care about these people and what they think about me since i am probably not going to see them that much more. I really hate my social surrounding I live in. I wish people would not make a big deal out of these and treat everyone equally. Everytime these incidents happen, it gives me more motivation to play poker and make money and put it into a business and prove how successful I am. Hopefully this motivation drive will lead me to great things in life.

--Omniheart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home