$$Untouchables$$

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Beats and Tilt

Last 3 days have been fairly rough. I started out Wednesday at 10/25, immediately down 8000. I had some tough hands and some coin flips for big pots. Then because of the horrible plays, I crawled my way back to -3000. Then some douche bag called a big raise pre flop with K3 suited and flopped two pair on my AK and I was back down -5500. Then i somehow managed not to lose more than 1000 dollars on K 8 5 6 4 board with 87 after having him called 200 for inside straight draw with 97. I ended the day - 6000.Then the next day was just bad. I tilted pretty badly at heads up and dropped 4000. But thanks to Luke(Acecr9), I was able to chase a whale fish on bodog for 2000 an hour later. The last 2 days, I haven't really played much poker. A lot of my friends are coming back home for the winter. So i have been doing things with them. I felt that my games has improved dramatically over the last few months. I have been talking to a lot of the higher stakes player. David(Gaucho) has been helping me the most. I also have Cello,Julian, Tyler on Skype helping me out with many things. Cello and Julian has finally come back from the dead zone of 1/2. They keep going back down to 1/2 to regain their confidence. Hopefully, they can stay at higher stakes game. I am also trying to get Tyler up to 2/4 NL. I feel like he is the best 1/2 player I have ever seen and he should easily be able to crush 2/4 with no difficulties but he is never confident so I am trying to rail him more often and let him play 2/4. I also had my first lesson yesterday with a student. The lesson went very well. He plays 5/10 cents so he was a total beginner. He was very passive pre flop and on the flop and has problem with betting sizes. I felt like I fixed up those problems very well. I also want to keep improving my own game so I can start crushing 10/20+. So far I am still freaking out losing 2-3 buy ins. I need to fix that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home