$$Untouchables$$

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Poker>Blackjack

I don't really want to be reminded of what happened last night. It was a terrible decision and it is one of the biggest leaks I have. I will make sure it will never happened ever again. As for poker, I have been basically cruising and killing it. So many players at the 2/4 NL levels have so many big leaks. It is kind of funny. I am by far superior to all the regulars at the level especially on Ultimate Bet. This is since September 9th.


http://www.pokerhand.org/?1472301
I just felt he was v strong the whole way for some reason. Esp when he bets big when i checked to him on the turn. Normally I might check raise and get it in on the turn. The player is a pretty passive regular. When I hit my flush on the river, I went along with my plan of checking again and representing weakness.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1472298
Here is about 10 minutes later against the same opponent in the sb to bb confrontation again. This is the first time he has 3 betted me in a long time. As much as I want to 4 bet and get it in, I decided to see a flop with the intention of getting in a low flop. I flop the nuts and check to him with the intent of check raising all in but I was surprised when he checks back. Turn was a perfect card. Jack. AK made a straight and if he has a hand like JJ he made a boat himself and he could have AA or KK still so I just led strong. As he raised me, I knew he has at least AK and I shoved.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1472303
This is the exact same spot as the previous hand 5 minutes later. I raise out of the sb with QQ again and the same player 3 bets me. I felt he was frustrated from the last 2 pots so I decided to 4 bet. I was hoping he shoves hands such as AQ, JJ, TT, 99 and such. I was surprised when he called. When the flop comes low, i took about 5 secs to check it to him. I am not really worry about too many free cards and he gladly shoved the flop with JJ and I instant called him. He left the table immediately after.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1472320
This player is one of the most passive player in 2/4 games. He is a semi regular. I called with 33 with the intent of flopping a set or taking the pot away if he checks. When he led strong on a 9 7 3 two diamonds flop. I felt like he had an overpair. I raised big as he gladly shoved his jacks and stacked off.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1472323
Here I 3 bet with TT against a sb open from bb. He INSTANT 4 bets me without much though. He is an aggressive regular and against them, I will gladly get in with TT preflop. I was kinda upset after seeing the board since AK and AQ made it home and i was relieve to see him show 99.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1472332
One of the main leaks a lot of people have is calling reraises with speculative holdings such as QJ off. He decided that I have nothing and closed his eyes and shoved the flop. Luckily, I had a set and he held with his top pair gutter.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1472338
This is a pot against a very aggressive regular. I decided to reraise pre since his raising range was so loose and decided to follow up on both flop and turn. If he just have a queen, the turn bet is great since it will leave him in such ugly spot. He can either pray and shove saying I have air. But i think he folds out a lot of hands that would look up one street.


1 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Nice to see u making a comeback bro...I honestly had a similiar situation like u from the last post 7 months ago on Absolute Poker...cashed 1st place in a $30 rebuy tourney...build it up to 7k in cash games right after from the winnings and proceeded to dust it all off at the blackjack table...I couldn't play online for 1 whole month till I promised myself the discipline to stay away from those online games....so good luck to you bro.

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home