$$Untouchables$$

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A Home Run Hitter

I have never been much of a home run hitter. I always played what i can handle with my money. I never played things too high for me. I never try to super aggressive trying to hit home runs. Jealousy and egos have a lot to do with home run hitting. You can even relate home run hitting in poker to home run hitting in baseball. Barry Bonds was once a small guy with super fast speed and decent power. He was going to be in the hall of fame if he retired then. But he couldnt stand players like Mcgwire and Sosa hitting more home runs than him. He wants to become the greater than them. So he bulked about 40 lbs at the age of 38. That is not possible for a human unless the use of steriods was involved. Barry Bonds is now chasing history trying to break Henry Aaron's record. But he is now on the verge of being caught of using sterioids. Everything he did will become nothing if he was caught using sterioids. He will probably be made fun forever and will prbably never be inducted to the hall of fames. Poker is exactly like that. Some people get very jealous over somethings. They believe they are better than everyone They want to be recongize. So they do the home run hitting at poker. When things are running good, everything is fine and you will probably win a lot of money. But when people start to catch you and trap you with the nuts everytime, it will be a downfall since most of the home run hitters have the bankroll necessary to play their style and their stakes. I am thankful that I am never jealous and does not have an ego to play higher stakes. I know I still have a lot to learn about the games and I have many years to do it. All I know is you dont have to be a home run hitter to become great.

-- Omniheart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home