$$Untouchables$$

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Keeping my cool while Full Tilt tries to put me on FULL TILT

If you think its only going to be this night for the bad beats and coolers, let me open your eyes a bit. Last night was, I thought, one of the worst nights of luck in my poker career. I was getting pushed around all night with RE-reraises. I think, they can't all have hands can they? I limp UTG with 44 and an aggressive player makes a standard raise behind me. I call and the flop comes 236 giving me 2nd to top pair and a gutshot straight draw. I check to the known aggressor putting him on two high cards and a plan for a check raise to take down the pot right there. The plan backfires when he reraises me all in. Sticking with my read of him having two high cards and being a little fed up about being pushed around all night I go into the think-tank for about 15 seconds and finally end up making the call. He flips over A8, but ends up pairing his A on the river. Eureka! People are bullshitting me. Though this was a night of constant destruction to my bankroll, it did contain one of the best calls I have ever made which I will post as soon as I get my poker tracker up. Anyways FTP put me through a real test, but I still ended up losing 900. No offense to you Mr. Ermer, but you would have gone broke 3 times over if you were in my shoes. I was left with 1K bankroll to recover the next day.
Today started off shitty as usual, dropping 300 on a bad bluff and a bad beat right off the bat which I recovered up to 1270 after 2 hours. Went to the gym and came back to continue the session. Was doing pretty well in the beginning until all hell broke loose. Can we say bad beat? Loose player limps in UTG, player behind him raises standard. I call out of the BB with AK UTG limper calls. Flop is K23 with 2 spades. I check to the raiser who bets out 15 into a 20 and I check raise him for 25 more. He moves all in and I immediately call and shows AJ spades. Boom, turn is a spade leaving me in the cooler. Okay not that bad of a beat just a standard flush draw. Then it was AK in the blinds again. Loose maniac limps in on the button and I make a standard raise from the SB. Button calls for a flop of A72 rainbow not straightening cards. I bet out with a normal continuation bet and he min raises me. I know not to mess around with this donkey and I move him in for about another 70 more. He thinks about it for all of 5 seconds before making a call. I am hit with running twos to make a split pot of 2s full of Aces for both of us. Tough break.
The bad beats continued but weren't neccesarily as severe. Then, however came the coolers. It was a 5 way limped pot i had A7 in the SB and BB checked for a flop of 552. A somewhat solid player bet out and was it heads up going into the turn which brought an A. I was pretty sure that his overpair was now quashed by my A, but he put out a feeler bet which I raised and he called. Now the alarms were sort of the sounding but it was difficult to put him on a 5 the way he was playing and the way he limped in. However, the river brought another A which sealed the deal for me as the 2nd nuts only to the very unlikely 55. I checked to him hoping that he would try to bluff the ace. He put out a good sized which I immediately raised. He moved all in and without hesitation I called figuring a split or he had the 5 and couldn't put me on backdoor aces. Well, he ended up flipping the two remaining fives for the only hand that beat mine. COOLER NUMBER 1.
The next one sucked even more. I was on the button with 66 and UTG made it 7 to go. CO called and I called behind him. The blinds also called for a 5 way raised pot. The flop came down 764 with two spades. The first three players checked around to the CO who bet out 10 into a 30 and I raised it to 30. The initial raiser called and the CO moved all in. I moved in right behind him confidant my 2nd set was good. Nope CO flips 77 and UTG flips TT. 77 holds up to take down a monster pot and puts me in a sweet cooler.

Anyways. FUCK YOU FULL TILT. I still made money on the buy-in, but I am going to give UB another shot. LATE.

-Victum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home